Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Calling?!?!

"Would you mind repeating that Bishop? A calling? What on earth? How am I going to do that? What is that? Are you crazy?! Do you even know who I am?? Do you have to run a background check??? Alright...am I being PUNKED??"

Okay, Okay....I'm getting a little too ahead of myself. Let's start from the beginning....

We were peacefully watching American Idol when the door bell rang. I ran for the other room because, let's face it, I'm 8 months pregnant and am wearing as little clothes as possible considering it's 90 degrees in our humble home. I figured it was just another salesman and he would be gone in 30 seconds anyways (2 min. if the guy was really good). However, 5 minutes later, this guy was not leaving. In fact, the "salesman" was sitting on my couch! Before I had a chance to figure out what's going on, Tim comes in and says "You may want to come out here". A little freaked out, I discovered that my ward first counselor was in his "official calling giving garb" sitting on our couch. After some conversing he said...."how would you like a calling?" Tim and I looked at each other and said..."okay..." We were a little hesitant because we could have been agreeing to the dreaded nursery, but instead he gave Tim one of his dream callings.....Wolf Den Leader! He is soooo freaking excited! And other than the fact that I have no idea what we will be doing, I am pretty excited too. We haven't had a calling since we got married and that was over a year and a half ago so it is definately going to take some getting used to. I can't wait until the presidency over the scouts calls us and gives us SOME idea of what we will be doing. Yeah!! I am greatful that God has given us this opportunity. If this won't make us more active in church, nothing will! Thanks for listening to my story....The END.


**By the way...Tami, would you tell Wyatt...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Tim keeps trying to call, but can't get a hold of him...wonder why?! :)

1 comments:

lacey said...

yippee. what a fun calling for you guys. and that will get you super excited to have a little boy too. congrats!