Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Bottle Feeding Miracle



I guess I now have zero excuses on not going to Bunco on Friday night. It's official, my little man is claiming his independance from his momma. Tim gave him his first bottle last night and he did beautifully (both Tim and Gavin). Sadly, I was kind of hoping that Gavin would miss me feeding him, but he obviously couldn't have cared less. He had no problem sucking down a whopping 7 oz. of boobie milk. Holy cow! I never realized that he eats so much. No wonder my son has gained 3 lbs. in 2 weeks. He's definately a little pork chop! I don't think the little turd understood how horribly painful it was for me. I was dreading giving him the bottle like a person dreads going to the dentist. My eyes even welled up with tears when Tim started feeding him. I guess it's all bittersweet in the end.


Also, another miracle I must yell "Happy Day!" about: My baby went 7 hrs in between feedings last night (slept 5 hrs straight)!! YYEEESSS, FINALLY! Last night after Tim put him in bed, I expected to wake up a half hour later to feed him because every feeding since he was born is like clock work, eating every 3 hours. Imagine my surprise when I wake up 3 hours later to a sleeping baby. It was so wonderful that I just stared at him for 2 more hours waiting for any sign that he's about ready to wake up and want to eat. Nope, slept like a log. Tim woke up at 4:30am to me clapping my feet together because I was so excited. He thought I was an absolute loony...which he is not far off. Maybe tonight I can be blessed with the same luck. I'm crossing my fingers and toes. This time I need to sleep too!

1 comments:

Christen said...

Hi! I'm Lacey's friend- I felt the exact same way when my little girl had her first bottle! Congrats on Gavin...he's a cutie!