Sunday, July 23, 2006

Happy Pioneer Day!


I just realized how long it has been since I've posted anything. Ummm.....I'm sorry...... Does that make up for my slack??? Hardly.

HAPPY PIONEER DAY, EVERYBODY! Yup, the only other holiday that crazy Utahns can drive up to Evanston and purchase highly illegal fireworks and blow them up in their own backyards. However, since the holiday isn't officially until tomarrow we decided to start the celebrating a little earlier on Friday. To start this holiday off right, Gavin and I began the day with a long overdue 4 hour nap. It was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. It was so great that I woke up completely refreshed a good 10 min. before Gavin did. I haven't had a good nap like that since the day Gavin came home from the hospital. YaHoo! Then, after Tim came home from work, we headed down to Eagle Mountain to help Cody move. They are making their own Pioneer Day trek to Colorado where Cody starts his new job training pilots for the AirForce. After that, we drove clear up to Bountiful to my Grandpa's house to watch the awesome fireworks across the street from his house. He has the best view from his front porch every year. Also, to make the night even better all of the family was up from St George, so we got to spend a little bit more time with them before their trip home.
Gavin didn't like the fireworks to much. I thought that if I'd nurse him and kind of cover his little ears I might get away with watching the show....WRONG! We ended up in the bathroom on the floor where he could cry it out. Oh well....what are mommas for?!

0 comments: