Sunday, February 15, 2009

So Far So Good...

There really hasn't been much going on since I last posted. Christmas was great. Of course my wonderful husband spoiled the heck out of Gavin and I and of course I couldn't even come close to being as good at Christmas as he is.

Gavin is DEFINATELY in his terrible twos (I was wondering when that was going to start) but he's very selective with when he brings out the monster. The best news is that he has been going to the nursery church ALL BY HIMSELF!! There are a few tears shed, but no one has dragged me out of Relief Society to console him. That's one step in the right direction!! Also, I'm beginning 'hardcore' potty training on Wednesday (we'll see how that one goes). AND we painted his new 'big boy' room and got it all ready for his big move in a couple of weeks (let me get through potty training first).




Tim really did a great job on the boy's room.

As for the baby girl (yes, she's still a girl) I still have way too much to do in such a short time frame. Tim reminded me the other day that if she is born as early as Gavin was she'll be here in about 5 weeks. YIKES! I have barely anything done! This weekend, we FINALLY purchased the bedding for her room after long bouts of depression on how ugly the other one we chose was. The one we were going to get was not as nice in person. Very expensive for something VERY cheaply made. We picked this one out and I love it!



This picture definately doesn't do it justice. I never would have picked it out online, but when we saw it in the store it was just so cute!!

I 'hopefully' have one last ultrasound on my placenta Thursday and hopefully they say I'm good to go on the whole labor thing. I've been switching midwives (thanks to insurance changes) and trying to get everything together has been daunting. I love my new midwife and I'm excited to deliver at the new hospital. Either way, babies got to come out some how and it really doesn't matter who catches it...as long as their hands are clean.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Tim did an awesome job on Gavin's room! It is so cute!

Erin said...

Gavin's room is stinkin' cute! I love it! Good job painting Tim! And as for the bedding...I LOVE it! You have an eye for cute things :) Hope you are feeling good!!
ps. good luck with the potty training :)

Meg said...

Great job on the room! That looks so good!