All year we wait for this weekend. Tim starts packing just after Christmas to make sure he has enough shirts and pants to look as good as possible for all the carnies. This is a magical time where the Fowlers get together to have wicked games of badmitton, eat anything and everything in sight and compete for the pasta salad and rice crispies in the refridgerator. What else could I be talking about other than the Caribou County Fair. The only fair that has the ultimate parade, the ultimate rodeo and ultimate fair food anywhere in the country AND the only way on earth you'd go is if you lived or have lived with anyone whos resided in southern Idaho! YEE HAW! Our weekend began as usual with us driving up to Grace Thursday afternoon. I can't believe it took us literally 6 hrs. to make the normally 3 hr. trek.....thanks Gavin....who decided he needed to eat every two hrs! We then relaxed the rest of the night and got up early the next morning. Okay, I lied, Tim got up at his usual 6:30Am and Gavin and I slept in until 9AM. (We're on vacation!) We then went to Bear Lake for the day with Wyatt, Tami and their boys and Ma and Pa Fowler. I sat in the car with Wyatt, Dave, Tim and Gavin.......a girl could go crazy alone with these boys!! They debated, argued and shouted at each other THE WHOLE WAY. But what could I expect, it's just what they do. We finally got to Bear Lake and stopped in at a craft fair. Christine loves going to these fairs to get ideas for her booth. I really hope she decides to work on the stilts made from pipes. I think they'd sell! She is so talented. I wish I could make money off of my craftyness.....but I don't have any craftyness! We then went back to Grace where we met up with Tyler and Lacey and Wendy and Chris. Tim and I decided not to go to the rodeo until the next night because of the gigantic nasty storm cloud that looked to be headed our way. So we watched Tatum and Kennedy so Lacey and Tyler and Wyatt and Tami could go to the rodeo. Those two kids were so wonderful! They really were good kids. I only had to lock them in the closet twice......really only 2 times!! (J/k guys....it was duct tape). Well, right before the rodeo ended Kennedy decided she'd had too much fun and pooped her pants.....all down her leg, all over the place! It was sooo funny, I couldn't stop laughing. Tatum then decided he wanted to play too and pooped himself. Hey, what are cousins for?! We ended up throwing them both into the tub. Boy, did that bathroom stink! The next day, Chris and Wendy went jet skiing, Tyler ran the 5 K and and Lacey and Christine made some moolah at the garage sale. Everyone else just sort of hung out until the parade later that night. At the parade all of the kids came away with a major haul. I was surprised at how well Tatum and Kennedy did at getting all the candy! Gavin, sadly ended up forking over all of his candy to mommy and daddy.....it was good. After the parade, we all decided to go to the hypnotist instead of the rodeo because of the slightly crappy weather. The hypnotist was great, but I did something greater....I Nursed in Public! Right in the middle of a freaking huge crowd! I was so happy, now I know there is no excuse not to go any where! (Applause.....I'm amazing....*sigh). After the fair and my delicious $1 scone, we headed to the hotel with Wyatt and Tami in Soda Springs. It was surprisingly nice. Not too shabby. In the morning we said our goodbyes and headed home following the Carnie's Caravan. Luckily, we were driving behind the basketball game and all of the basketballs came spilling out....we had no choice but to stop the car and pick up a basketball! Who said you never win anything?!!? Oh yeah....and Tim won $11 off of a lotto ticket....sweet! Well, that was our journey, hope you didn't fall asleep reading it!! And if you did, wipe that soggy drool off your bottom lip!
***My pics won't upload! Sorry, I'll do it later....poop.

1 comments:
I love the fair! Wasn't it fun?! I'm glad you guys could come :)
Post a Comment