Thursday, November 15, 2007

Death to Text Messaging!

I'm sorry, I just don't get text messaging. Yes, I agree it's convenient. It's nice not to have to call someone and have a long conversation when a text message would have saved you precious time. I get that, I really do....BUT do you really have to do it while I'm trying to have a conversation with you?? Or even when someone is trying to help you or while DRIVING?! I cannot begin to describe how many people come into the restaurant wanting food and won't actually talk to ME because they're busy text messaging. I skipped over a woman today who looked incredibly engrossed in punching sentances into her phone. She was so upset and about had my head and even accused me of skipping her because she was "ethnic"! Ethnic?! Are you kidding me?! I don't care! I just freaking asked you 10 TIMES if you were ready to order! After the 11th time, I skipped you and went to the nice old guy ready to eat! Give me a BREAK! Atleast the old guy defended me. That was nice. THEN, to make matters worse, I'm driving home from the restaurant and I noticed this little white Nissan jerking back and forth in his lane and going about 50 miles per hour....ON THE FREEWAY! I was scared to pass him. Then out of no where the car jerked to one side almost hitting the giant concrete baracade seperating the drivers from certain death. After this, I decided I'd better hurry and pass them before I die myself and as I'm passing I looked to see if the person was possibly convulsing or trying to give CPR....NOPE a 16 year old kid...just text messaging. I know he was messaging because The screen was so big I could almost read the words (it was one of dem dare fancy phones). What's wrong with you people?! STOP TEXT MESSAGING AND DRIVING! YOU ARE GOING TO KILL SOMEONE! Can't you just freaking wait until you get home?!

Alright, I'm done now.

*****BTW, the restaurant is Robert's Restaurant....Lance's family restaurant that I've worked at since I was a junior in high school. I have to work atleast 1 night a week so I can keep the discount on the food. Eat there Today!******

4 comments:

lacey said...

I couldn't agree more. I HATE text messaging....I've had a few encounters myself! Let's band together and get them off our land!!!

Anonymous said...

Amen! especially the part about texting while you're talking to someone.

Erin said...

Hey! CUTE BLOG! I am way excited to keep in touch with you guys through this "crazy blogging" world! Lets all get together soon!!

Erin said...

Hey! CUTE BLOG! I am way excited to keep in touch with you guys through this "crazy blogging" world! Lets all get together soon!!