Sunday, December 07, 2008

Diapers

Cover your ears (or eyes) if you don't want to see a post about cloth diapers. I know alot of people think that others who do cloth diaper are absolutely insane....I can't even begin to count the number of people who have rolled their eyes, gave me a lecture on how much I should hate it or even that washing them is just as harmful for the environment (a load of crap, I say...no pun intended). I love it and that is that! I'm really not out to convince everyone to change their diapering ways...to each their own. But this is my own, so be nice!


Saturday night, Sally asked if I had ordered my new diapers yet. Sadly, I reported no....I was waiting until after Christmas. Then, it dawned on me...I've been saving up for these puppies and I have the money, so why not?! Thanks Sally for reminding me!


Tonight I order a bunch of prefolds (0ld school stuff), snappis and these 2 different kinds of diapers..... The BumGenius and The Fuzzi Bunz (don't the names just make you want to giggle?!)








These diapers are amazing! These are not the cloth diapers your elders used, ladies. These are the top of the line, super easy diapers I've been dying for! There are no pins, no touching poop or pee (anymore than you did with disposables) and no soaking stinky diapers in the laundry room.


I know a few of you are laughing (and not because I'm super witty), but here's what made me switch.....



  • NO MORE RASHES!

  • They have these liners that hold the poop and you just have to flush it in the toilet (which you should be doing anyways with your disposables...read the label)

  • Washing them is just like washing underwear.

  • If you buy the top of the line diapers, you will spend about $400 from newborn to potty training and with the CHEAP disposibles you still spend ATLEAST $ 2000.

  • They come in cute, outfit matching colors!

  • AND I have never met a mother who has tried cloth diapers (and there are more out there than you know) and turned away from it because it just wasn't for them...it's addicting!

Don't worry, I still use disposables since Gavin's almost potty trained anyways, so I'm not against them. Also, I'm sure to use a disposable every now and then with the new baby girl anyways.

I just really wanted to share how excited I am about something highly misunderstood.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Yeah! I'm so excited you got them! I can't wait to see them. We really need to end up at your house next weekend so I can finally see Gavin's room and all the super cute baby girl stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Honey, congrats on the Prego!! I had no idea until I found your blog! I love that you are doing cloth diapers. I have been thinking about doing pre folds for so long and had serious doubts. I had no idea there was anything else out there like what you bought (Fuzzi Bunz and Bum Genius). Sold!! Which ones do you like better? Lauren is almost one so I still have a good year to use them.