Friday, December 12, 2008

Ode to Dry Milk




Lately we've been running out of milk....alot. Gavin is really starting to like it more than water and now that I'm not as nauseous I've been drinking more as well. Atleast 3 times this month I have opened my fridge to make Gavin his oatmeal and there is only enough milk for half. Grrrr...
Dry milk to the rescue!! I'll make about a cup of it and I can put it in his Oatmeal and give him a chocolate milk (It's just too nasty to drink straight). LOVE IT! It has saved my bum..and Tim's many a time! Now I can use up the stuff I need to rotate in food storage. Score!

2 comments:

lacey said...

How freakin creative is that? Is dry milk expensive? I've never bought any...being on W.I.C and all. We won't always be though, so I think I'll put a few in storage just in case! Even on W.I.C we've run out... or can't make it to the store etc. If your kid will eat it, I'm sure mine will!

Sally said...

Powdered milk...what a smart thought! I would never think of that. I grew up on powdered milk. All I remember is that if you added too much powder, no matter what, the milk tasted warm. But when you have six kids, ya do what ya gotta do. And I don't remember ever running out of milk cause we would just make more. I think you just solved a mystery from my childhood.