
It's official. My baby is 3 months old (as of September 4th.....yes, I know I am a little behind)! I can't believe how much he has grown. He's definately not a newborn any more. You know what I'm talking about, the babies that just sit there and stare into space and not interact. He is most certainly no where near that anymore. He is a full fledged, playful little boy with a personality and I LOVE IT!
So far this month he has mastered so much. He has figured out how to grab toys and other things, like mommas hair, and shove them into his mouth AND when he doesn't have a toy in his hand, he shoves almost his entire fist into his mouth and chomps down like it's going out of style. I swear the kid is going to grow a hand in his stomach! He has also discovered other body parts. His feet, for example, are a new thing to him. He gets a big kick out of grabbing his toes. Although, he hasn't been too successful at getting them into his mouth, which can make him quite irritated! Oh well, he'll get there soon!
I have also noticed my child is NOT a morning person just like his momma. The boy seriously sleeps in until 9 AM. (hey, I'm not complaining) I can usually get up, eat breakfast and maybe shower before the turkey wakes up. He has also settled into a "nap schedule". He eats, plays for an hour and a half then takes about an hour nap then does the whole thing over again until bedtime. However, my only problem with this is that if he doesn't get to sleep when he wants to, he is a VERY unhappy chunk until I can get him to sleep.
But I really do love walking into his room after he wakes up in the morning or after a nap and I get that giant gummy grin. I know he recognizes me and that makes all giddy inside. I know that he trusts me and is comforted by me. I enjoy every minute of that!
By the way, I had better touch on how big he is. I mean take the fact that he is in SIZE 3 diapers for instance. I don't know 1 kid his age in size 3 diapers. I don't get it. I also went into his room today to find church pants for him to wear and the only thing that fits him is a size 6-12 months. Luckily he's not only chunky, he's tall too. He's in the 95% on height. Last I measured him he was 26" long......WOW.....momma's milk has been good to the peanut. He has certainly not missed any meals!
Some of his favorite toys are his fishy bouncer, the linkadoos on his car seat and the board books dad bought him. He goes crazy in that bouncy chair whenever I put it on the kick toy. He just goes crazy trying to kick the fishy's so that the bubbles, lights and music turn on. It is so funny to see him spaz out like that! He has also found a new fascination with books. He actually acts interested when I read to him. That's a good thing considering his mom is a book lover.
Well, my little drool bug. Momma and Daddy love you and you are definately their favorite. Get ready for month number 4!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment