As for the whole potty training....we'll just keep trying. Today and yesterday were just too busy. Not that I didn't try like crazy, but we had a birthday party that we went to and Gavin didn't want to take two minutes to go and sit on a big potty. He won't even use our big potty let alone a toilet at someone else's house. He does great at home, but out and about is another story. I think this week we'll just keep working on it and maybe even try to get him to use a regular size toilet.....we'll see, but don't worry...I'm not giving up yet!
As for our progression this weekend we FINALLY painted the babies room AND Gavin is sleeping in his 'big' bed RIGHT NOW. Tim (once again) did a great job staying within the taping lines and I stayed busy keeping Gavin away. I'll have to post pictures tomorrow or Tuesday....my camera is out of juice. I'm very happy with the way it turned out.
Also, I can't believe my boy is in his big bed! I wasn't planning on that one. I think it just clicked in his smart, curly head. He just made the connection that it wasn't his room anymore and he had no problem walking his bum into his dinosaur room. He did get out of bed once, but he got right back in without much fight. I must admit I teared up when I told him 'Good night'. He's such a big boy!

Yes, he went to bed with his Buzz Light Year costume on....that had to have helped a bit.

2 comments:
I've been enjoying your potty training posts. Sierra wants to start potty training because a lot of kids in her daycare do it, but she has absolutely no bladder control yet so I've kind of put the kabosh on it for now. Congrats on getting the "big boy" room and bed set up. Sierra is sleeping in a big girl bed at her dad's house and it always makes me tear up thinking about it, too. When did they grow up?
Good job on keeping with the potty training! Kennedy was SO not ready the 1st time we tried. And I know what you're going through about being outside your home and them not wanting to go. We definitely went through that. He sounds like he's doing good, and adjusting to all the changes...which is great, sounds like he'll be ready for his new baby sister!
Post a Comment