Sunday, December 03, 2006

6 months, Wooh Baby!

HAPPY 1/2 BIRTHDAY, STINKY BABY BUG!


Gavin is now half way to his first birthday! I still am awed at how quickly time has just flown by. I wish it would slow down for a bit. It makes me want to cry when I see his pictures of him when he was born. It makes me feel sad that I will never see him that little again. I guess that's why we spend every ounce of time with them when they're with us. Well, now look at me....getting all emotional....
****I love this time with my baby. This is what Gav and I do after a day at the doctor. He's always so cuddly.


On to the important stuff! He had his 6 month check up yesterday. He is now only 19 lbs. 2 oz. That is only a 5 oz. weight gain from when he was 4 months. What is up with that?! He gained weight so fast that I thought for sure we were going to have a chunker baby forever, but he is proving us wrong. He has dropped from the 100+percentile in weight to the 80th. Still, that is a big kid, but what's going on? The doctor didn't seem too worried though. He said that he is definately still growing height (90th %) and head (50th %) wise, so he isn't worried too much. Just said he'll keep an eye on it. He said that because he's really moving around now he's probably burning off alot of calories and is less interested in eating. Oh well. Tim said not to worry, but when it comes to your baby Mom's worry about EVERYTHING!! Also, the stinkybug did do great with his shots (like always) and only cried for a second when she did the 3rd poke. He's such a good boy.

So far, solid foods have been a challenge, but lately he's been eating better and better. We started him on cereal at about 5 months and he is all over sweet potatoes and pears. Actually, scratch that.....he HATES pears!! I can't wait until I get my food steamer for Christmas (not supposed to know about that) so I can start making homemade babyfood! (Maybe I should wait until he actually likes the food)






Sleeping has been a little off this month as well. He now goes to bed around 8pm and is then up at 11ish for a night cap when I come home from work, then is up again around 4 or 5am. Then up for the day at 8 am. I'm not liking this very much. I've been working extra hours because of the holidays and so I'm a little wore out. I liked it much better when he'd only get up once. But I guess I really can't complain too much because he is sleeping a whole heck of alot better during the day. He now takes 2 or 3 two hour naps a day. Which is AMAZING when you compare it to the up for an hour...nap for 30min.....and repeat all day long from the last couple of months.

Physically and mentally, Gavin is just a growin'. He is ALMOST crawling. He gets his booty up off the ground and straightens his legs all the way and scoots on his face. Weird, I know, but it gets the job done. Although, it really just makes for a nasty rug burn on his nose! He is also ALMOST sitting up all by himself. I don't dare leave him up for too long for fear of a broken noggin, but if I put him in the boppy, he'll sit there for hours, no problem. He is also beginning to recognize Tim and I when we come home from work and gets all sorts of excited. He flails his arms and starts grinning and screaching until we pick him up. I love it! Makes my day when I hear that squeal. His favorites games are still peekaboo and kissing on himself in the mirror. That poor mirror. Tim has to clean it off every night because of the drool that covers it. Oh well right??!! It keeps the kid happy!

I'm sorry I wrote a novel. Guess I just had alot to say tonight! I love my boy and I hope he knows he is absolutely adored by his papa and mama. We just can't get enough of him.


**** This is him "trying" to crawl on the couch. What a turkey!

0 comments: