Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Colorado Voyage

Did I ever mention I love traveling and road trips?! Well, I'm mentioning it....Right Now! I love traveling with my boys. Tim is always so happy and fun and Gavin is always a good kid...as long as we have the DVD player...and a bag of M&M's. I did pretty good on the way there not getting sick and all. I think it had to do with me reading 'Breaking Dawn' the entire way there.

We were so excited to see the other Fowlers! We don't get to see Cody and Kim and the kids very often, so when the opportunity to drive to Pueblo came up, we snagged it. We really miss them living closer, but I'm glad they gave us a chance to go on a week long vacation!

To begin, Kim made sure we were never hungry and never bored! We went fishing with all the kids and it was so much fun. I was stunned how good Eli, Luke, Jess and Nicki were at catching frogs and fishing. It was fun! Gavin LOVED it!! Then we tried to take the fishing pole away from him or fixing it, he'd throw a Class 3 tissy. He even fell in the lake...Thanks again Kim!




The next day, Tim and I went to 6 Flags in Denver....by ourselves! It was a total date! Kim offered to watch Gavin and we had the best day ever. I rode those rides until I got sick...and then did it all again. Then, Tim took me to an AWESOME Steak House...fully equipped with a giant slide, live band and dancing cowboys.
The next day, it was nice because we all just hung out and we went up to Bishop Castle. It was a HUGE castle handmade by a conspiracy theorist. It was amazing! The only admission he charged was 20 minutes of listening to him rant about the government conspiracys against him. Way cool!

The day after....Poor Nicki and Gavin got super sick. Nicki got the worst of it! Kim and I stayed home with the kids and just watched movies all day and slept...and read the Twilight Series....

Tim, Cody, Jess, Eli and Luke all drove up to Colorado Springs to see the Airforce Museum, Garden of the Gods, the Olympic Training Facility and eat at Red Robin...without us! Tim said he had so much fun getting to spend time with his brother.




It was sad to leave....and just when we left.....I GOT SICK! I was SOOOO sick the entire way home and 3 days after. Then my morning sickness came on full force as soon as I was done with that.....and still hasn't left yet. BLAH!!

All in all, we are so greatful we have such good family to let us crash at their house! Kim, thanks for everything! Also...on a side note....if you could comment in my blog your blog site, it would be wonderful! I can't remember it for the life of me! Thanks and I love you guys!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great trip - other than the sickness. Too bad about that. We are planning a trip to California and I'm so nervous to drive that far with Sierra. The DVD player is an awesome idea!

Fowler Tribe said...

Crystal, my blog address is fowlertribe.blogspot.com and something wierd...I can't access your blog from my account. I have to go to Lacey's and then look at yours, could I possible have it wrong...It is the one you typed in?