Thursday, August 21, 2008

Death of a Dryer

Oh, how bitter sweet it is. After I had finished (and put away, thankgoodness) all of the other laundry, our sweet dryer took it's final breath with 10 minutes left in drying the towels. The laundry Gods have smiled on us once again, allowing me to finish, before he took away my essential appliance. We did try everything to revive it and knew it was on it's last leg anyways, so we decided to say our final words and let it go.

I actually cried a bit (pregnancy hormones) because I become attached to things easily(as if you all didn't know that). I remember when my dad and Jodi gave it to us after Tim and I got married. Serious sentimental value for me....I know...it's just a dryer.

Anyways, to raise my hopes, Tim said "What the heck...looks like we're getting a new set sooner than we thought." I tried to look sad and pitiful, but inside my heart was 10X's bigger. I have been dreaming about a nice front load washer and dryer ever since Tim spent our tax moolah on a fancy TV. This is my fancy TV.

Thank you cloth diapering Gods....although I am sad to see him go (yes, it's a male apparatus).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sending you my deepest condolences and sympathy. But way to go on the new set!!!