We are FINALLY able to announce the beautiful arrival of our brand new baby girl....
Quinn Elyse Fowler
Born at 12:14 AM on April 10, 2009
8 Lbs. 15 Oz.
21 inches long
Total Labor Time: 3 hours!
Well, I seemed to have been able to go into labor on my own! (Thanks Angela...you definitely gave me hope). Thursday night I was putting Gavin to bed and realized that my contractions weren't like they were over the past couple weeks. With Gavin snoozing, I decided to lay down for a minute to see if it would make them go away (like usual). They didn't go away! I still wasn't sure if it was real, but I wanted to be prepared so I called my sister who was just getting off of work since Tim wasn't getting off until midnight. While she was on her way, I took a shower (you gotsta shave your legs for such an occasion) and noticed that they hurt...alot....and were 3 minutes apart. When Jess got to my house I called my midwife. She laughed and said I sounded too happy to be in labor, but to definitely come in and she was already at the hospital. Tim came home early from work at about 10:30pm and made fun of me for doing my hair and blogging before I went to the hospital. Honestly, I was just trying to stay home as long as I could. Jess stayed home with Gavin while Tim and I left for the hospital.
When we got to the hospital at 11:00PM, I could barely walk. I was perfectly fine in between contractions, but when one would hit, I couldn't seem to move. I told Tim that if I wasn't dialated very much then I was not going to make it without some pain meds. Luckily, when my midwife checked me I was almost a 7! Thank heavens I had a fantastic midwife and nurse. They were completely supportive and talked me through everything.
Before I went into labor I planned on using hypnobirthing and having a water birth. Things happened so fast that I never got the chance to completely relax into hypno and I could barely move, let alone get into a tub, so that never happened. I just labored while hugging my midwife.
Pushing was the best part for sure. I thought it would have been the hardest and the most painful, but no....it was the best! I almost bit my midwife when I told her I needed to push...I was finally able to lay down on the bed and in 3 pushes, my baby girl was out.
It's amazing how the pain just goes away afterwards. The relief is invigorating!
I did tear a bit, but I didn't care. I was just so happy to finally have her out. I can't even begin to believe that all this started at 9:15 PM and she was out by 12:14AM...a 3 hour labor....not too bad! I must say too that recovery is a million times easier afterward than with having an epidural. I loved it and would do it again....but not for a few years!
Me the day before

Me the day before








16 comments:
Congrats! She is beautiful. I am glad that everything went well and that she is finally here!
I'm so glad your labor was short and you're finally not preggers anymore! LOL. She is gorgeous, Crystal! Congratulations!
Congratulations, she's beautiful!
Yea! We are so excited for you all. She is beautiful, just like her mama. The girls and I now have an excuse to go baby shopping...thanks. Give her a big love from her auntie, uncle and cousins. And I knew you would just love the natural, wish I would have done it with all 4. Great Job!
Good job girl! She is so beautiful! I can't believe that you did all that in 3 hours! I'm glad that things went well and that you didn't end up needing to be induced! Enjoy your honeymoon!
Congratulations! I'm glad it went well and quickly! wow :) What a beautiful little girl, and I LOVE her name!! Great job mamma!
She is beautiful! How awesome that you went natural too! Congrats!
Hoorah! Congrats on a cute new chunky baby girl. Chubby babies are the best, and I can't wait to squeeze her cheeks. Hope recovery goes well, and that Gavin loves his new baby sister. We'll bring you dinner sometime this week. LOVE YOU!
Congrats...she is so beautiful! I bet you are glad that she is finally here.
Congrats Crystal and Tim! She is a beauty. I will never forget all the cute things Gavin did when we came to see her. Adorable! Call me if you need anything.
Wahooooo!!! Happy day! There is nothing like the after-birth high! Good job, Crystal. She is beautiful! I bet Gavin is so happy!
Quit making it look so easy!! Childbirth is hard darn it!!
You are an amazing woman and an exceptional mother. Congrats Crystal ... I love you!
Congratulations, Crystal! Quinn is beautiful! I enjoyed reading about your birth experience. Sounds like it was wonderful. I'm so happy for you!
I am so impressed that you had her naturally! That is amazing! She is beautiful! Congratulations!
Congratulations!! She's adorable!
How's Gavin adjusting?
Good luck with 2...it's a blast most of the time :)
YAY!! She is beautiful! I am so glad things ran so smooth for you! It make everything ALOT better :) I bet Gavin will be the best bog brother...I love the last picture...he is just gazing at her :) I hope all is well and wish you guys the best!! YAHOO!!
Post a Comment