Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Someday....

Well, there is a little bit of light at the end of my tunnel. I went into my 40 week midwife appointment with very small expectations. I am definitely 2-3 dilated and 75-80% effaced. She 'says' any minute now...but, I'm still betting on sometime next week (call me a pessimist). I didn't gain any weight so that puts me at about a 24 pounds weight gain. I gave her my birth plan paper, which she went over with me, and then asked..."I KNOW you don't want to be induced, BUT if you come in tomorrow to labor & delivery, I wouldn't send you home, no matter what." UGH! Why doth she tempt me?! I declined (much to Tim's dismay). She even said that since Gavin's labor was so fast (7 hours...start to finish) that she'll 'probably' be a 4-5 hour baby. Heaven, let's hope so! I know she'll come out when she's good and ready and I know it'll hurt a lot more if they induce me, sooooooo....she'll just have to come in her own time. All though, I do hope it's before Easter. I have her Easter basket all ready with a cute little Easter shirt and stuff.

Hey, maybe she will be a Conference baby and come this weekend?! That would be special.
For now, I'll just imagine what it was like with Gavin....

2 more days until my due date and I don't think she cares!

1 comments:

Lindell said...

I don't think she cares either . . . sigh. You're one tough cookie! good luck :)