Sunday, November 15, 2009

Proof we are a LAZY Society

Tim and I were wandering around Costco looking at the various Christmas Loot and we came across this baby:

Photo courtesy of Toys r'us




I know. You're looking at this thinking "Wow, it's a skateboard ramp. You can get those at Costco?!" Oh contrair, my friend... it is the cool new toy for 2009..a FINGERBOARD SKATE RAMP.
I was quite baffled by the idea. I stood there with my head cocked to one side and a raised eyebrow on my face. Really? Are we now so lazy that we need to skateboard via our fingers and knuckles? Maybe it's just a modest attempt at prying the cold fingers from the video games and moving them to something a bit more active.... Like a finger board.


Photo: Universal Fingerboard Network
Sanctuary for Fingerboarders



I was even more enthused when I read they actually have official rules...
Official Rules
These are the official rules and if you want to be a good fingerboarder you better start following them...
1- You may only use 2 or 3 fingers.
2- You cannot use your thumb to ollie.
3- You cannot land with your palm across the board.
4- Your thumb may only be used in the air for a grab.
5- You cannot grab and throw your board.
6- You cannot catch the board and then land. You must land with your fingers!
Above all it's just common sense. Only do what feels legal.
(Now, tell me you're not giggling a little bit...BAHAHAHAH!)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I so agree with you! I saw these a year ago and couldn't figure it out. I am happy to hear that I am not the only one who thinks this is dumb!

Katy said...

Well that is rather...intriguing. Thanks for the laugh!